West Sacramento Pest Control
Doing Our Jobs Right the First Time
Official Pest Prevention Inc. was born January 1, 2000 when the tech bubble was about to burst and people were still concerned about potential Y2K problems. Starting with a few contacts, and only four full-time employees, the small company has grown into an organization that today employs over 100 people, maintains a fleet of 75 trucks, and has serviced over 100,000 northern California households. This tremendous growth has come from loyal customers recommending our work to their friends, family, and neighbors. We’re proud to serve West Sacramento with our quality pest control services.
About West Sacramento & Our Services
West Sacramento (also known as West Sac) is a city in Yolo County, California. It is contiguous with Sacramento, but is separated by the Sacramento River which is also the county line, so West Sacramento is in a different county from that of Sacramento. It is a fast-growing community; the population was 48,744 at the 2010 census, up from 31,615 at the 2000 census. The traditional industrial center of the region since the Gold Rush era, West Sacramento is home to a diverse economy and is one of the area's top four employment centers.
Our services include:
- Bed bugs
- Insect control
- Pigeon control
- Rodent control
- Wild animal control
- Commercial pest control
About Bed Bugs
Bedbugs hide in:
- Underneath wallpaper
- Under towels
- Between drape folds
- Behind wall decors
- Behind wooden furnishings
They like to attack in the evening, and they will remain active until right before daybreak. Bedbugs bite exposed skin of a person sleeping in an infested bed and then leave reddish scratchy dots. They don't wander off from sleeping and relaxing area, but they do manage to travel over 100 feet at night time to look for food. Bed bugs were once terminated in the United States, but they're making a comeback by using international travelers. The most common places to find them are motels and condominium buildings. These bugs can survive annually without food. This permits them to travel from different locations until they found a comforting place with food. They hide on clothes and suitcases of travelers.
Additionally, they are now living in couches and can be transferred from property to property through used furniture. Domestic animals like dogs and cats have thick fur, which makes for a fantastic hiding location for bedbugs. Using public transportation like buses, rails, and cabs can bring you into contact with bed bugs, which you then take to your home. Bedbugs are six legged parasitic pests that suck human and animal blood. Their length is around 1/4 of an inch with an oval flat shape. A normal female can lay 5 to 7 eggs a week and will produce around 500 eggs throughout its lifespan of 12 months to 75 months. The eggs will hatch-out within just 6 to 17 days when they become known as nymphs. Bed Bug eggs are resistant to pesticides or herbicides.
Wood eating termites feast upon decomposed vegetation and trees and shrubs within the dirt. A wood eating termite's jaws are capable of tearing pieces of cellulose substance. This capacity is the thing that will cause worry in our dwellings. A normal nest of underground termites may well consume 16 grams of wood on a daily basis. This is about 13 lbs. of wood annually. Subterranean termite laborers only measure from 1 cm to a few millimeters in size, their particular eating routine is effective at producing costly property damage. House footings, furnishings, cabinets, and even magazines are eating areas for termites. Subterranean termite homes are generally formed in the earth. In these piles, termites construct elaborate tunnel systems and then use dirt tunnels in which they will access above ground wood resources. Drywood termites dwell within the hardwood that they consume as well as moving into and infesting walls and home furniture. Termites are typically referred to as silent destroyers, as they will often be hiding at home or in your lawn without any indication of damage.
What To Look For In A Pest Control Services Company
1. How long they've been in business - Having served Sacramento pest control services for over 20 years, we've seen and done it all. There isn't a pest or a situation we don't have the experience to handle for you so rest assured in our expertise.
2. Same day appointments - We know that when there are pests in your home or business, you can't just sleep on it over night. You need answers that very day to sleep well at night and we'll be there for you no matter what.
3. Coupons - We would love for our pest controls services to be as financially attainable by all those that need us. In order to make that happen we offer coupons and money saving opportunities you should make sure you don't qualify for.
4. Reviews - Having been the go-to Sacramento pest control company for as long as we have, we've accumulated a ton of rave reviews. Read through them here at your leisure and give us a call to see what our customers love about us.
5. Frequently Asked Questions - We know that when it comes to dealing with pests, information is power. Make sure to check out our FAQ section here should you have any questions and browse our blog here if you want to keep up with the latest news in the industry.
Call (888) 233-0605 to reach our full service company in West Sacramento. Our Sacramento pest Control technicians can respond to all your questions and concerns quickly.