If you live in an apartment complex in Fresno, CA, you’re probably sharing space with other roommates that aren’t human. Cockroaches are one of the most hated pests that homeowners and apartment residents face. Cockroaches are nasty pests that may quickly infest and take over your residence if preventative measures are not done.
Cockroaches are not only filthy, but they are also dangerous to your health. Cockroach droppings are known to cause allergies and accelerate asthma symptoms, particularly in youngsters. They can also spread illness and transfer 33 different types of bacteria, six parasitic worms, and at least seven additional human infections. Unfortunately for individuals who live in an apartment building, cockroaches are more likely to be present if your neighbor does not clean on a regular basis. Because these pests favor warm, humid settings with readily available food and water, removing such appealing circumstances can help avoid cockroach infestations.
Here are some tips to help rid your home of these unwanted guests:
- Seal any gaps or holes around your apartment’s foundation, windows, or other entryways. This prevents any way into your home from the outside.
- Clean your kitchen countertops on a regular basis to avoid leaving crumbs or food left that might attract cockroaches. Most cockroaches are in search of a food supply and by regulating cleaning up, you are ensuring there is no easy food source.
- Basements and crawl spaces should be properly ventilated to avoid moisture accumulation. Not only to help prevent any mold growth but ventilating your basement/ crawlspace prevents the cockroaches from having the perfect environment to call home.
- Garbage should be kept in sealed containers and disposed away on a regular basis.
- Pay special care to your kitchen and bathrooms, particularly beneath appliances and sinks, as these places are very appealing to cockroaches. These places are dark, quiet, and where food can accumulate, making it the perfect place for your roommates to call home.
Cockroaches are easy to prevent by implementing a basic and regular cleaning schedule. But once you have a Cockroaches infestation it becomes a problem that cannot be dealt with on your own. If you suspect an infestation in your apartment, contact Official Pest Prevention. We can identify the species and prescribe a treatment plan to help you get your home back.